If you’re looking to upgrade your point of sale (POS) system to give your business an edge, consider adding tablet POS and pay-at-the-table technology. There’s no doubt that adding these functionalities will mean a variety of benefits for your employees, for your customers, and for your business.
Benefits for Servers
Quite simply, tablet POS and pay-at-the-table technology help servers perform their jobs more efficiently — and make more money.
- Fewer steps. When orders are placed on a tablet, they can be sent straight to the kitchen without the server having to run the ticket to the back of the house or to a shared terminal. They can also make changes or corrections easily, on the spot. And with tableside payment, servers don’t have to run back and forth to a traditional POS terminal (which may be crowded with other servers waiting to use it as well) to process a credit card, saving time and frustration.
- Increased tips and table turnover. Less running means servers can spend more time interacting with customers and providing personalized service, which can lead to bigger tips. Tableside devices also often have a tip prompt screen before the final screen to encourage tips. When Olive Garden made the switch to pay-at-the-table technology in 2015, a spokesperson told the LA Times that wait staff saw their tips increase by 15%. Their table turnover rate also improved by an average of 7 to 10 minutes. More tables served in a shift means more tip opportunities — and greater profits for the house.
Improved Customer Experiences
Servers aren’t the only ones who benefit from tablet POS and pay-at-the-table technology. Customer satisfaction increases as well.
- Fewer mistakes. It’s a given that a great dining experience includes receiving the right order, prepared just the way you request it. With tablet POS, customers can either input their orders directly or see them on the screen. No more misreading damaged or poorly written paper tickets and lost orders, and less food waste from incorrect orders being sent back.
- Greater data security. Credit card fraud, identity theft, and skimming are all too prevalent. But with pay-at-the-table technology, the credit card never leaves the customer’s possession, eliminating the worry about potential skimming.
- Shorter wait times. When tables can be turned faster because of streamlined ordering and payment processes, that means incoming diners don’t have to wait as long for a table to open up or for their meals to be served— additional ways to improve their overall experience.
Better Business Performance
Finally, tablet POS and pay-at-the-table technology also benefit your business.
- Higher profits. Happier, more productive servers and satisfied customers (who are more likely to return) plus a higher table turnover rate equals rising revenues.
- Fast ROI. Tablets and tableside devices can cost less than traditional POS stations — or you might find software that integrates with your existing tablets. The lower initial investment means a faster ROI.
With so many potential benefits, implementing tablet POS and pay-at-the-table technology is a sound business move. But you may need some help choosing the right solutions and making them work with your current restaurant systems.
Focus POS has more than 20 years of experience analyzing business needs throughout the food service industry and helping restaurants choose the best solutions for success. Contact us to find out more about tablet POS systems and pay-at-the-table technology, or request a demo to see how it can work for you.