Every restaurant is different, so why should your POS solutions all be the same? As a restaurant owner, you should be able to build out EXACTLY what your business needs to make your restaurant more efficient in its processes and proficient in its revenue. Ask yourself these 5 questions and see if you have a tech stack build specific to your restaurants needs:
What Ordering Options Do You Want To Offer?
When it comes to ordering methods, you want to make sure your restaurant appeals to all types of customers. This means taking into consideration their age and the language they may speak. If you are accepting all customers, you want to make sure you are able to offer a variety of options so you don’t exclude any one group. These offering may include:
- At Table Kiosks: Customers can take ordering into their own hands with a tabletop kiosk. Kiosks are a great restaurant POS option that allows them to take their time browsing the menu and ordering themselves.
- Mobile Tablets: This solution makes it easy for your wait staff to take orders on the go without having to run back to a static POS station to import the order details or worry about incorrect ordering. Having a tablet table service solution is an opportunity for your customers that may not be tech savvy enough for a tabletop kiosk to still feel comfortable in your restaurant.
- Online Ordering (Delivery or Carry Out): Lastly, being able to reach customers outside of the four walls of your business can be critical in this day and age. When serving those that wish to not leave their homes or need food on the go, having a quick and reliable online ordering solution can be the difference between increased revenue or an increased headache.
Regardless of the type of ordering options you wish to offer, one thing is certain: You want a restaurant POS solution that can offer any of these options, whether you want to work in just one or an omnichannel approach. If you have multiple platforms, one handling in house and another only, the ordering process can get messy and the kitchen staff annoyed. Work in a solution that has an all-in-one tech stack solution so your ability to have an order missed is minimal and the stress of your kitchen is reduced.
Where Can You Remove Excess Time In Your Process?
Every minute counts when it comes to a restaurant’s processes. You don’t want to keep a customer waiting for their food longer than they need to. So how can you quicken the ordering, preparing, and running process in your restaurant?
A Kitchen Display System (KDS) will allow your staff to automatically send orders directly to the kitchen so prep can begin. Additionally, if you have menu items that require different prep timelines, a KDS system can help your kitchen staff determine what to start prepping so everything comes out simultaneously. So if you’ve had enough of working off hand-written tickets or playing a guessing game of when items will arrive at the table—and if they will be warm or not—then a KDS should be included in your restaurant’s POS tech stack.
What Do You Offer Customers to Keep Them Coming Back for More?
Customer demands have changed over the years. They are more loyal to restaurants that offer them discounts and rewards for frequent visits, special events, and more. If you are in need of increasing your customer retention, you should look into adding these items into your tech stack:
- Loyalty Solutions: This solution can help make customers feel good about their visits by receiving rewards based on their order history, special events like birthdays, and more. Haven’t seen a customer in a while? No problem! Reach out with a special offer to get them back in a seat for a delicious meal.
- Gift Cards: Word-of-mouth marketing is a great way to get new customers in the door. Offering a gift card or eGift solution can help your loyal customers spread the word about their favorite place.
What Payment Types Will You Accept?
This question is more than just cash or card. It’s also about offering a safe and contactless way of providing payment options. Post pandemic, many people are still worried about passing off a card to a staff member. So offer them a payment method where they can keep all their belongings on hand at all times.
QR Payments is a great add-on to your tech stack if you want to offer a QR code at the bottom of a receipt so customers can scan and pay with ease without having to give payment to a member of your wait staff. This convenience can be the make-or-break of a new longtime customer relationship.
How Can You Make Your Job as Manager Easier?
At the end of the day, you need a break just as much as the rest of your staff. Make sure you can access your restaurant’s data in real-time from anywhere. So when you just need to sit on the couch with a glass of wine you can leave the restaurant early, pop a cork, and pull the end of day reporting numbers without issue and without having to stay late to access them. This is possible through adding a remote management solution into your restaurant’s POS tech stack.
So, does your current tech stack have everything you need to run an efficient and profitable restaurant?
Don’t stress trying to do all the functions you need in your restaurant from multiple platforms. Find yourself a restaurant POS solution that delivers all your software needs in a single platform solution. Have your restaurant POS system work for your business, not the other way around.