As the restaurant industry continues to see an increase in competition, savvy owners will turn to technology to gain a competitive advantage. From booking reservations online to digital menus and placing orders and making payments via mobile devices, restaurants are leveraging technology to increase productivity and improve customer service.
Interested in learning how your restaurant can benefit from the latest advancements in technology? Let’s take a look at some technology options that can positively impact your business:
– Online reservations. For restaurants with websites, the concept of online reservations gives the customer a convenient way to make reservations with no waiting time verse traditional over the phone method. Online reservations also prevent restaurant hostesses from over-booking and committing user-error with an errant name or phone number.
– Digital menus– Aside from the aesthetically pleasing look of a vibrant digital menu, the restaurant owner will be saving costs by not having to reproduce physical menus. In addition, digital menus can showcase ingredients, photos, videos and how items are prepared.
– Get started with Social Media. This is important to the millennial generation, who expect your business to have a Facebook page or Twitter handle. Social marketing is an effective way to communicate to and attract a younger customer base. Easily advertise promotions, specials, happy hour or special events.
– Mobile POS. The use of tablets in the restaurant industry continues to grow at a rapid pace as businesses look for new and innovative ways to streamline productivity, increase customer service and turn tables faster. Applications like tableside ordering and payment is a growing trend for high volume restaurants because it can allow you to free up congestion around your traditional POS system by doing the same functions remotely.
– A smaller footprint. According to National Restaurant News, industry experts expect kitchens to become 10 percent smaller. As restaurants look for ways to increase profitability, this space will often be turned into additional seating giving them the ability to service more customers. That is why POS system designs are evolving to become more ergonomic. Today’s POS systems offer smaller footprints, better cable management and the ruggedization to perform effectively in tight or harsh environments.
Restaurant owners are continually looking for avenues to improve their business. And as technology continues to evolve at a rapid pace, new restaurant technology trends will emerge that benefit restaurant owners, staff and their customers. Make sure you take the time to stay on top of the latest restaurant technologies to learn how they can benefit your business and improve profitability.